SWIMMING: Two local swimmers invited to talent camp - and City of Ely Swimming Club look ahead to 2018
- Credit: Archant
Two young local swimmers have had their achievements recognised by being invited to a national talent school.
Maeve Pooley and Ciara Taylor attended the final day of the East Region Swimming Talent Camp, which invites the best 12 and 13-year-olds across the region to swimming, gym and mentoring sessions.
The talent camp is part of British Swimming’s Pathway Programme which aims of training swimmers to Olympic level.
Both girls are current age group champions and train with St Ives and Newmarket respectively. They also represent their counties, with Ciara swimming for Cambridgeshire and Maeve for Suffolk.
Elsewhere, the City of Ely Swimming Club ended their season on a high.
You may also want to watch:
The club, which is to move to a new headquarters at The Hive in the spring, saw personal bests tumble at its last event at the Paradise pools.
They now go onto events in Sheffield, Newmarket, Edinburgh and Luton before beginning 2018 at the London Aquatics Centre.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut