SWIMMING: Ely Swimming Club trio qualify for East Region Long Course Championships
- Credit: Archant
Three swimmers from Ely Swimming Club qualified for the 2017 East Region Long Course Championships at Norwich over the Bank Holiday weekend.
The weekend saw some of the region’s best swimmers go head-to-head and the star performer from Ely was Ciara Taylor.
The 12-year-old qualified for an impressive eight events and reached the final of the 100m freestyle and 50m butterfly events. She finished in fifth and sixth respectively.
Iona Trainer, 14, also had a successful competition, coming in sixth in the 50m breaststroke. She also qualified for another 11 events.
Gina Brewis, also 14, showed great promise for the future with a top display in the 100m breaststroke.
You may also want to watch:
The club also had another 14 swimmers take part in the Fenland Open in Whittlesey.
Georgia Holgate, nine, won the girl’s top age group award and 10-year-old Daniel Kendall triumphed in the boy’s category.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'