Swimmers qualify for Winter Champs
THREE members of The City of Ely Swimming Club qualified to take part in the East Region Winter Championships held in Norwich last weekend. Charles Smith, Jess Hill and Sarah Hardiment all took part for Ely in the event which draws all the best young swi
THREE members of The City of Ely Swimming Club qualified to take part in the East Region Winter Championships held in Norwich last weekend.
Charles Smith, Jess Hill and Sarah Hardiment all took part for Ely in the event which draws all the best young swimmers from across the East of England.
Smith, 19, achieved a personal best time in his freestyle 50 metre race, Jess Hill, 15, swam personal bests in the 50 and 100 metre freestyle and Sarah Hardiment, 19, competed in the 50 and 100 metre races for her group but was just under her best times.
Before swimmers could take part in the event they had to have achieved stringent qualifying times to make sure they were up to the high standards of the Championships with the next step up being the National Championships
You may also want to watch:
Coach Elaine Hill "With nationals being the next step up from these regional championships to qualify to swim is just amazing, we have several talented young swimmers who will push to swim at these high levels in the forthcoming years.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'