Surprise Defeat For Fordham
FORDHAM suffered a surprise three-wicket defeat to Kimbolton in the Tucker Premier at the weekend. Despite favourable conditions for run-making, the home side had an uncharacteristically poor day with the bat and were made to pay by a determined visiting
FORDHAM suffered a surprise three-wicket defeat to Kimbolton in the Tucker Premier at the weekend.
Despite favourable conditions for run-making, the home side had an uncharacteristically poor day with the bat and were made to pay by a determined visiting side.
Opting to bat first on an excellent track, Fordham settled quickly and soon moved onto 54-0 thanks to some measured work from Gavin Harding (38) and Mark Silcock (14).
With the removal of the opening pair however, came the surrender of the rest of the line-up as wicket after wicket fell at minimal cost to the opposition. Fordham were bowled out for just 95 in just 33 overs.
You may also want to watch:
To their credit, Fordham came out firing with the ball and a particularly hostile display from the opening bowlers Clinton Cornwell and Craig Theobold soon had the visitors reeling on 52-6.
The arrival of Kimbolton's Lee Ingram to the crease changed the seemingly inevitable though, as his timely knock of 32* helped steer the visitors to an arguably deserved victory.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
Theobold led the way for Fordham's bowlers with 4-29, while Cornwell pitched in with 3-25.