SHELFORD ENERGY CUP FINAL LTFC 1906 goalkeeper Andy Smart was outstanding in the clash with Gamlingay United Sunday, but could not prevent his side from losing 6-0. Gary Murfitt hit the post for LTFC, but they were well beaten on the day. LEAGUE MATCHES
SHELFORD ENERGY CUP FINAL
LTFC 1906 goalkeeper Andy Smart was outstanding in the clash with Gamlingay United Sunday, but could not prevent his side from losing 6-0. Gary Murfitt hit the post for LTFC, but they were well beaten on the day.
DIVISION 4A leaders Wilburton Albion maintained their unbeaten record with a 3-1 victory at Fox Burwell.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Palmer's thumping header opened the scoring, and Will Ludbrooke made it 2-0 with his 50th goal of the campaign.
Fox pulled one back from a rare attack, but Mel Pryer made the points safe from the penalty spot after being fouled himself.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Liam Eley's superb chip earned Wicken Maids Head a 1-1 draw in the same section, but the news was not good for local sides in Division 3A. Champions Village Inn dropped their first points of the campaign by losing 5-1 at home to Five Bells Cherry Hinton, and Little Downham United went down 4-2 at home to Grove.
QPR Ely overcame Over Crusaders 3-2 away from home in Division 2A, and leaders Ely Park Rangers Reserves thrashed Alma FC 8-0 thanks to Peter Munns (3), Danny Mitchell (2), Richie Murfitt, Steve Pollard and Rob Parker.
Girton Eagles were unable to raise a team for the 1A clash with Ely Park Rangers, and Triple-S were likewise unable to complete their Senior Division obligations at Sawston Keys.