LTFC 1906 beat Wicken Maids Head 6-1 on Sunday with Nathan Bennett (3), Luke Butcher (2) and Andrew Berry outscoring Ed Richardson, but the team will need to win matches on successive days if they are to be crowned Division 4A champions. They meet Wicken
LTFC 1906 beat Wicken Maids Head 6-1 on Sunday with Nathan Bennett (3), Luke Butcher (2) and Andrew Berry outscoring Ed Richardson, but the team will need to win matches on successive days if they are to be crowned Division 4A champions.
They meet Wicken again on Saturday, and long-time leaders Wilburton Albion in a must-win match the following day, whereas unbeaten Albion only need a draw to seal the championship.
LTFC had previously won 4-2 at Alma FC Reserves with goals from Bennett, Butcher, Gary Murfitt and Robert Wilson to keep their title hopes alive.
Ely Park Rangers lost their final Division 1A game 5-1 at Girton Eagles, but the champions still finished eight points clear of their nearest rivals.
You may also want to watch:
Their 2A Reserves were also in action, following up a 5-0 win against QPR Ely with a 9-2 win at Milton Sunday.
Steve Pollard (3), Matt Brodie and Luke Fretwell were the Rangers scorers in the derby win over QPR.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Triple-S lost 3-2 at Sawston Keys in the Senior Division before earning a 4-4 draw at home to Bar Hill with goals from Lee Moll (2) and Stephen Palmer (2).
Division 3A champions Village Inn, meanwhile, were toppled 2-1 at Girton Eagles Reserves.