Sudbury Get Better of Soham
SOHAM Town Rangers indifferent start to the season continued on Tuesday night as they went down 1-0 at home to AFC Sudbury. Despite creating flashes of the sort of form that saw them smash four past Arlesey at the weekend, the Greens proved unable to fin
SOHAM Town Rangers' indifferent start to the season continued on Tuesday night as they went down 1-0 at home to AFC Sudbury.
Despite creating flashes of the sort of form that saw them smash four past Arlesey at the weekend, the Greens proved unable to find the net against a determined Sudbury side, who collected their first points of the season courtesy of a Craig Hughes strike.
The eventual loss aside, Soham started the game with much promise, and their attacking intent was rewarded with some decent opportunities particularly for Dubi Ogbonna who came within inches of netting only to be denied by an inspired saving tackle.
Sudbury absorbed much of the home pressure throughout the first-half though, and came out firing after the break, eventually managing to steal away up field and open the scoring through Hughes after 53 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Determined to fight their way back into the game, Ian Benjamin's side laid siege to the visiting goal and went close through Furnell and Hipwell as Sudbury clung on.
Despite their assault Soham were unable to find a way past Richard Wilmot in the visiting goal and were consigned to their second loss of the season.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry