Success of the long distance runners
ON Sunday five Ely Runners were among the 698 finishers in the Stevenage Half Marathon. The race, which incorporates the SEAA and Herts County Championships, was held on a two-lap course made difficult by tight turns and short undulations. Ely Runner fini
ON Sunday five Ely Runners were among the 698 finishers in the Stevenage Half Marathon.
The race, which incorporates the SEAA and Herts County Championships, was held on a two-lap course made difficult by tight turns and short undulations.
Ely Runner finishers: 30th Alfredo Verna - 1:22:42 (2nd MV45 overall and 5th SEAA MV40-49); 32nd Glyn Loveday - 1:22:48 (24th SM overall and 25th SEAA open); 118th Charlie Barker - 1:32:48 (5th MV55 overall and 13th SEAA MV50-59); 131st Kevin Fox - 1:33:40 (64th SM overall and 84th SEAA open); 484th Colin Doak - 1:57:26 (84th MV40).
- Former Ely Runner Jamie Gallagher set a personal best in the New York Marathon on Sunday. Jamie's time of 4:10:40 smashed her previous best, set in the London Marathon last year, by more than seven and-a-half minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Her run put her in 15,335th place in a field of approximately 37,000 runners and she crossed the line as the 3,156th female and 826th female aged between 20 and 29.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty