Stuart Seekings Cup: Robins run out winners in memorial tournament
- Credit: Archant
Ely City lifted the trophy for a second year after four of the region’s top football clubs went head-to-head in a tournament to remember a popular member of the sporting community.
An Ely XI, Isleham United, Littleport Town and Little Downham Swifts kicked off the third instalment of the Stuart Seekings Cup – a tournament put together in memory of footballer Stuart Seekings who lost his battle with cancer in 2013 aged 30.
The tournament kicked off last Monday with a clash between Ely and Isleham, and goals from Shaun Calvey, Tom Thulborn, Alex Brown and Stamford Gemwa secured Ely a 4-1 win and a place in last Friday’s final.
There they met Little Downham after they hammered Littleport 6-0 last Tuesday, but the Swifts were no match for Ely who ran out comfortable 3-1 winners.
Kelvin Enaro bagged a brace and Ryan Lane also scored for the city side, with Lewis Chambers netting a consolation goal for Little Downham at the Unwin Ground.
You may also want to watch:
The tournaments have helped raise over £9,000 for charity.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound