Strong showing by Ely pupils at Welsh championships
- Credit: Archant
Tae kwon-do STUDENTS from the Ely branch of the Mark Farnham School of tae kwon-do were in top form as they competed in the Welsh Championships.
This event was held late last month at Cardiff University, with more than 950 competitors and 200 officials from all over the UK descending on the Welsh capital.
A group of 26 students from the Mark Farnham Schools took part in the tournament – with medals award for pattern, sparring, destruction and team sparring events during the day.
Jordan Barnes led the way for Ely students with a first place in the tag team sparring event. Robin Gillham took home a second and third place in yellow belt sparring and patterns respectively.
Sophie Barns, Jake Boydell and Beatrice Buhay all came third in their respective sparring events.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Farnham said: “To win any award at this event is a very serious achievement, so very well done to the students who achieved placings.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment