NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Ely City chasing a derby boost in their survival battle
- Credit: Archant
Ely City boss Brady Stone has challenged his players to collect their biggest win of the season.
That is how the Robins chief would view Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division derby success at Newmarket Town this Saturday, 3pm.
City have lost their last three games to slide into relegation danger and urgently need to arrest their slump.
Stone said: “It is a huge game at Newmarket and a positive result would do wonders for us.
“In fact I would go as far as saying that it would be our biggest win of the season if we were able to win there.
You may also want to watch:
“We need a spark to get us going again. We’re moving into the nitty gritty of the season and every point is crucial.”
City triumphed 2-0 in the reverse fixture back in August, but have since tumbled out of the FA Vase and the League Challenge Cup to Newmarket.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
They are boosted by the involvement of striker Alex Theobald for the first time this season after a persistent groin injury.
Fellow frontman Sam Reed returns after a layoff with a hamstring issue while Lewis Hook and Joe Brannan are both in contention after coming through a couple of reserve outings.