Stretham slip after unbeaten run ends
ELY AND DISTRICT BOWLS LEAGUE ROUND-UP BY RON MOORE Men s League AFTER occupying the top spot for two weeks, Stretham s unbeaten run came to an end when they failed to win a point at home to Ely Beet B. The new leaders are Soham A, who saw off Newmarket
ELY AND DISTRICT BOWLS LEAGUE ROUND-UP BY RON MOORE
AFTER occupying the top spot for two weeks, Stretham's unbeaten run came to an end when they failed to win a point at home to Ely Beet B.
The new leaders are Soham A, who saw off Newmarket with a surprising 56-shot margin while Littleport were beating Fordham to go second.
You may also want to watch:
Champions City of Ely recovered from a shaky start to the season, trouncing Soham B to overturn a shots deficit.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
SOHAM are the front-runners. The B team did not play but have yet to drop a point and they stay ahead of the A team, who overcame Newmarket.
Isleham have had two defeats in the opening stages but finished strongly to win the league.
THE programme has been disrupted by rain but early indications are that Mitchell Lodge are determined to hold on to the First Division title. They have a 100 per cent record in the first three matches and a 77-shot difference.
In the Second Division, Milton and Hiams both have three victories out of three and are separated by only one shot.