Stone returns to Ely City
BRADY Stone has re-signed for Ely City just a year after making a high-profile move to King’s Lynn Town.
The experienced centre-back put pen to paper on a new deal at the Unwin Ground under the watchful eye of boss Alan Alsop on Tuesday night.
The move comes just 12 months after 25-year-old Stone agreed to join the Linnets under boss Gary Setchell, though injuries restricted the defenders appearances in the UCL Premier side.
Robins’ boss Alsop, said: “We are pleased Brady signed because there have been a lot of clubs after him. I haven’t pestered him and let him make his own decision and I’m delighted he chose to sign.
“If we can keep him fit and he comes back and does what he does best he will be a great signing.”
You may also want to watch:
Stone first joined the Robins in 2006 after spells at Cambridge United and Cambridge City, winning player’s player and fan’s players of the year in four successful seasons.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 9 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues