Stone out for season with injury
RIDGEONS LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION Fakenham Town 0 Ely City 3 ANOTHER workmanlike performance gave Ely a win that moved them up to second spot. But key centre-back Brady Stone looks to have played his final minutes of the season, after leaving the field at ha
RIDGEONS LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION
Fakenham Town 0 Ely City 3
ANOTHER workmanlike performance gave Ely a win that moved them up to second spot.
But key centre-back Brady Stone looks to have played his final minutes of the season, after leaving the field at half-time with a hand injury.
City were lucky to be level at the half-hour stage with a Fakenham forward shooting wide twice when clean through, but Tom Beech tucked away a penalty three minutes before half-time, after Simon Warren had been tripped.
The Robins played with a strong wind on their backs in a second half they dominated.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Fakenham had a midfielder red carded for use of an elbow and were never able to find their way into the match from there.
With 25 minutes remaining the Fakenham goalkeeper lashed wildly at the ball when attempting to clear, and when it rolled under his foot, Nick Impey raced through to finish from an acute angle and double the visitor's lead.
Warren made it 3-0 in the 88th minute when he hooked a shot over his shoulder after Fakenham failed to clear a corner.