Stone out for season with injury
RIDGEONS LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION Fakenham Town 0 Ely City 3 ANOTHER workmanlike performance gave Ely a win that moved them up to second spot. But key centre-back Brady Stone looks to have played his final minutes of the season, after leaving the field at ha
RIDGEONS LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION
Fakenham Town 0 Ely City 3
ANOTHER workmanlike performance gave Ely a win that moved them up to second spot.
But key centre-back Brady Stone looks to have played his final minutes of the season, after leaving the field at half-time with a hand injury.
You may also want to watch:
City were lucky to be level at the half-hour stage with a Fakenham forward shooting wide twice when clean through, but Tom Beech tucked away a penalty three minutes before half-time, after Simon Warren had been tripped.
The Robins played with a strong wind on their backs in a second half they dominated.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
Fakenham had a midfielder red carded for use of an elbow and were never able to find their way into the match from there.
With 25 minutes remaining the Fakenham goalkeeper lashed wildly at the ball when attempting to clear, and when it rolled under his foot, Nick Impey raced through to finish from an acute angle and double the visitor's lead.
Warren made it 3-0 in the 88th minute when he hooked a shot over his shoulder after Fakenham failed to clear a corner.