Starlets turn out for annual colts tournament
- Credit: Archant
A junior football tournament held in Ely on Saturday saw players from 40 colts teams turn out to compete.
Teams from as far afield as Peterborough, Suffolk and Cambourne joined a host of East Cambridgeshire sides - including Soham United, Sutton Rangers and Ely Colts - at the home of Ely City Football Club.
Players were split into four age categories, from under 8s to under 12s, and pitted against each other in a round robin format.
All players in the under 8 and under 9 categories were awarded a medal for taking part, with Cherry Hinton crowned winners of the under 10 group, Ely Colts crowned winners of the under 11s and Barrow Academy winning the under 12s.
The tournament has been running annually since 2012.
You may also want to watch:
Len Cutchey, from Ely City Football Club, said: “It has always been a very popular event but this year we had more supporters and parents than ever, which is great for the little ones.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k