MORE than 75 children have been putting themselves to the test in this week s Junior Superstars event at The Ross Peers Sports Centre, Soham. The three-day event, which ends today (Thursday), has attracted boys and girls aged between six and 15 for a var
MORE than 75 children have been putting themselves to the test in this week's Junior Superstars event at The Ross Peers Sports Centre, Soham.
The three-day event, which ends today (Thursday), has attracted boys and girls aged between six and 15 for a variety of indoor and outdoor sports.
Age group competitions began on Tuesday ranging from football, netball and canoeing to gym tests, golf, bowls, archery and athletics.
Points have been awarded to each competitor, with trophies presented to each event winner.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Claire Norton said: "We have run Junior Superstars for the past 16 years and it always proves to be popular.
"All the children have a great time and, although it is a competitive event, the main thing is that everyone has fun."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
Junior Superstars is one of several events being run by the sports centre during the summer holidays.
A football fun week will begin on Monday and run until Friday, while a fitness and fun camp will take place on Wednesday, August 29 and the following day.
For more information on these events, you can contact The Ross Peers Sports Centre on 01353 722662.