Stanley and Harradine on fire as Soham cruise to Cambs Invitation Cup glory
- Credit: Archant
Football Soham Town Rangers 6 CRC 1
Steve Fallon’s Soham crushed CRC to lift the Cambs Invitation Cup on Wednesday night.
Luke Stanley continued in his rich vein of form by hitting a first-half hat-trick, with Buster Harradine also netting a treble to help the Greens lift the trophy.
Ryan Horne pulled a goal back for the scholars but it proved little more than a consolation as Soham roared to victory.
It was a satisfying end to a rocky few weeks for Soham that saw them fritter away their play-off ambitions in the Ryman Division One North, defeat to Thurrock on Saturday the nail in the coffin for this season.
You may also want to watch:
The Greens opened the scoring just 10 minutes in as Stanley latched on to the end of Ben Sawyer’s cross and he doubled the lead in the 16th minute as he was afforded space enough to turn and shoot in the box.
Stanley wrapped up his hat-trick just shy of the half-hour mark as he headed home Anotnio Murray’s cross.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
Murray hit a post as Soham threatened to run away with it before CRC pulled a goal back, through Horne.
But the youngsters were unable to push on and, instead, Soham made it 4-1 as Chris Lindsay fed Harradine.
Harradine doubled his tally midway through the second half with a well-struck shot and completed the rout late on from the penalty spot after Connor Wood had been brought down.