Stamford celebrates his Summer Series triumph with new trophy
- Credit: Archant
Sailing Ely Sailing Club was issued with a brand new Summer Series Trophy courtesy of a jeweller in Ely.
Chris Page, of Page Fine Jewellery, presented club member Chandler Stamford, winner of the series, with the new trophy this week.
The Summer Series featured 12 races held over six weekends, with the best six races to count.
Stamford won by a small margin, having just a point less than runner-up Alan White.
Stamford said: “I’d like to thank Mr Page for his kindness and generosity in presenting this fantastic looking trophy to the club. We are extremely grateful and I am proud to be the first name engraved on this stunning trophy.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.page-finejewellery.co.uk
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor