Sprinting out of the blocks
A Look at the Witchford Sports Partnership – with Di Baker AN indoor athletics club will start at Witchford Village College after the Partnership secured £1,000 from Norwich Union to start the club. It will be based on sports hall athletics, developed
A Look at the Witchford Sports Partnership - with Di Baker
AN indoor athletics club will start at Witchford Village College after the Partnership secured £1,000 from Norwich Union to start the club.
It will be based on 'sports hall' athletics, developed by Norwich Union, where students are taught a variety of athletics skills including running, short and longer distance, different type of jumping events and throwing activities.
The club will start the week beginning January 14 next year and be run by level-three athletics coach Selena Fox.
You may also want to watch:
Further details will be sent to primary schools and can be sought from myself at Witchford Village College on 01353 662053.
Big Lottery Funding has enabled the Witchford Sports Partnership to provide coaching in tag rugby for 90 pupils from seven primary schools in the Witchford Family.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Each school had five weeks of coaching for Key Stage 2 pupils and it culminated in two festivals being run on October 31 at Witchford Village College.
Pupils from Little Thetford, Rackham, Robert Arkenstall, Stretham, Sutton and Wilburton Primaries took part in the Year 3/4 and Year 5/6 festivals with students from Witchford College helping to referee and organise the matches.
Rugby coach Glen Bennett commented on the high standard of play and enthusiasm from all pupils. The eventual winners were Little Thetford in the Year 3/4 age group and Rackham Years 5 and 6. A huge thanks go to all the pupils who played, the senior students who helped and Glen for the overall organisation.