Sports Awards categories - which one will you enter?
PUBLISHED: 11:05 11 September 2008 | UPDATED: 10:32 04 May 2010
These are the 12 categories for the awards. In the next few weeks we will launch the nominations for each category and tell you a bit more about the individual awards themselves. Each award will have a set-down criteria. The sponsors of each award will no
These are the 12 categories for the awards. In the next few weeks we will launch the nominations for each category and tell you a bit more about the individual awards themselves. Each award will have a set-down criteria. The sponsors of each award will nominate someone to judge the category. When we launch the nominations we will tell you a bit more about the sponsors and why they have chosen to support our awards and that particular category. We have already sold most of the award sponsorship, but if you are interested in sponsoring one of the remaining categories, details are below.
* Youth Achievement (girls) Cambridgeshire County Council
* Youth Achievement (boys) Cambridgeshire County Council
* School Of The Year - N & C Glass
* Unsung Hero - Star Radio
* Veteran Achievement - Petrou Brothers, Ely
* Sports Personality Of The Year - East Cambs Sport
* Disability Award - The Shoe Tree
* Club Of the Year - Price Bailey
* Service To Sport - Donarbon
* Adult Achievement (Women)
* Adult Achievement (Men)
* The Liam Fairhurst Award for Sporting Endeavour - The Ely Standard
INFO: Category sponsors will be offered a sponsorship package, which includes an invitation to the Gala Awards Presentation Evening on December 4. The company will nominate a judge who will present the award on the evening and also receive an invitation for themselves and two guests on the night.
Our sports awards present a fantastic opportunity for local companies to share the sporting endeavours and experiences of local people. If you want to be involved in the Ely Standard's inaugural sports awards, contact Editor Debbie Davies on 01353 667831.
Although the sponsorship packages are selling fast, there may be other opportunities for local companies and individuals to become involved.