Sporting stars to be special guests at Haddenham & Ely Amateur Boxing Club
- Credit: Archant
Two of Cambridgeshire’s sporting stars past and present will be special guests at Haddenham & Ely Amateur Boxing Club’s (ABC) annual show this weekend.
Tyler Goodjohn, a former club member and now Bare Knuckle Boxing featherweight champion, will be present for the 15-bout event at Ely College on Saturday (October 5).
Former European light welterweight champion Dave 'Boy' Green will also be on hand to present trophies to each boxer who takes part.
The show will boast boxers from Haddenham & Ely ABC competing against fighters ranging from London to Kent in what is a non-title event.
Mike Sawyer, coach at Haddenham & Ely ABC, said: "It is a big event for Ely and it would be good to tell the people that we're (the club) out there.
"When Tyler came, he was ten years of age.
"He started this way and he will be there to show his world title belt.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 7 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
"Every show, we usually get between three to four hundred punters, and it is all worthwhile because every record is put down."
Tickets are £10 per person and doors open at 6.30pm before the action kicks off at 8pm, where there will also be a raffle.
Haddenham & Ely ABC run training sessions for people every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 7-8.30pm at the Haddenham Recreation Ground.
For more information on the event and on the club, email Mike Sawyer on email@example.com.