Spooky sailing concludes another season for Ely Sailing Club
- Credit: Archant
A spooky Halloween race day featuring a costume competition ended a successful sailing season at Roswell Pits on Sunday afternoon.
Four Handicap races were scheduled to take place for the thirteen competitors and two races were sailed in a light breeze.
The Laser sailors lead the fleet but lost out on corrected time.
Simon Leeks up graded his fourth line position to first and Kevin Bilham his fifth place to second, with Chandler Stamford in his Laser retaining his third position.
In the second race, Simon Leeks was victorious again but Jack Knight was reduced from first to second, and Kirk Stamford increased his last place to third in his Topper.
After lunch the wind continued to drop and Simon Leeks won for a third time, with Kevin Bilham second and Chandler Stamford third. As the wind had practically died, the fourth race was not sailed and competitors counted their best two positions.
Commodore Alayne Seymour presented the special skeletal prizes to the winners, who were as follows: 1. Simon Leeks 2 points; 2. Kevin Bilham 4 points; 3. Jack Knight 6 points.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
Ending the afternoon was a Halloween costume competition, with the prize being shared between Steve Board who dressed as a skeleton and his three year old daughter Catherine who donned a witches costume.
The club’s final event of the year - its annual Laying Up Supper and Prize Giving - will take place in the club house on Saturday November 14. Tickets can be reserved by phoning 01354 662661.