Speedway: Mildenhall on track
MILDENHALL supporters will get their first look at their new Premier and Conference League teams on track when the club runs its first practice day on Saturday 28 January. Riders from both teams are expected to take to the West Row track from 10am to 12n
MILDENHALL supporters will get their first look at their new Premier and Conference League teams on track when the club runs its first practice day on Saturday 28 January.
Riders from both teams are expected to take to the West Row track from 10am to 12noon, with all fans welcome.
Riders that are not affiliated to other Premier League clubs can attend the open practice sessions from noon-4pm and if interested are asked to contact Blayne Scroggins on 07962 019862 or Mick Horton on 07734 879007.
The Fen Tigers' number one, Jason Lyons, is due to fly into the UK this month and could make an appearance at the practice day, though this is to be confirmed.
Mildenhall have moved their opening fixture of the season ahead by one week to Sunday, March 5 in the first leg of a challenge against Rye House, starting at 3.30pm. The return leg takes place at Hoddesdon on Saturday, March 11 at 7pm.
Seventeen-year-old Mark Baseby's career at Mildenhall has started with a positive step by gaining sponsorship over the festive period to aid a promising year ahead in the Academy team.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 6 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 7 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
The former Rye House and Sittingbourne star has plenty of admirers and was a shrewd capture by the club who signed Baseby as an asset last month. Now he's the beneficiary of backing by Neil Day and Abbe Edwards, who sponsored Jon Armstrong last season and will carry that on in 2006.