SPEEDWAY: Fen Tigers line up annual Meet the Riders event and practise days
- Credit: Archant
The Mildenhall Speedway team has announced a big weekend in early March as preparation builds up ahead of the start of the 2018 season.
The weekend starts on Friday March 9 with the ‘KJM/Manchetts’ Fen Tigers on parade for their annual press and practise day.
The day will commence at 10am for the press, radio/TV and club sponsors and will run through to midday.
Riders will then take to the track at midday for the first of two sessions.
The first ending at 1.30pm at which time there will be a 30 minute interval when supporters will be allowed into the pit area to take photographs or the riders.
You may also want to watch:
The second session will commence at 2pm sharp until close. The fish and chip shop will be open during the event.
The club will then run two practise days on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 March. Each training day will run from 10am through to 4pm. The cost for riders to attend is £40 per day which includes insurance.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
There will be an organised structure to these days with riders being grouped together based on ability and to allow the maximum benefit for those taking part.
Supporters will be allowed to watch if they wish - access to the stadium is only via the main entrance gates in the front car park.
Contact Kevin Jolly on 07767 460907 or email at email@example.com
The club will now be holding its Meet the Riders event on Saturday March 10 at 7pm - not as previously announced on the Sunday afternoon.
With a practise day taking place on the Sunday and the club conscious that it is Mothering Sunday it was felt it was best all round to move the Meet the Riders to the Saturday.
There will be a £5 entrance charge for the Meet the Riders evening which includes a buffet and a ticket for a prize draw.
Six of the ‘KJM/Manchetts’ Fen Tigers will be present (Matt Marson will not have arrived) plus the management team in what is always a lively evening.
The club will also be announcing the teams for the opening meeting, the ‘Fen Fours’, at the evening.