SPEEDWAY: Mildenhall Fen Tigers hold on to see off Young Lions U21s
- Credit: Archant
Some of the brightest young talents in speedway put on a thrilling show as Mildenhall Fen Tigers edged the Young Lions U21 yesterday.
The Fen Tigers were fully tested by their opponents but managed to hold on to seal a 48-41 success.
Heat one set the tone as guest Joe Jacobs passed both Liam Carr and Kyle Bickley to record an opening heat win.
A stylish pass from John Armstrong on Alfie Bowtell in heat three had the crowd on their feet before Danno Verge and Bickley served up a fantastic battle in heat five for third place.
With Carr falling on the fourth bend the Fen Tigers took their first 5-1 of the afternoon and two heat advantages in heats six and seven saw the home side move seven points ahead.
Heat eight saw an electric gate from Luke Ruddick who stormed to victory in the fastest time of the day but with Jack Parkinson-Blackburn and Carr settling into the meeting, the Fen Tigers couldn’t shake off their opponents.
Five of the last seven races were shared as the seven point lead was held and heat 15 looked like turning into the race of the afternoon as both Carr and Parkinson Blackburn passed Jacobs before Carr bailed out for a second time and the race was awarded.
- 1 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 2 Post office and village shop moves into old Baptist chapel
- 3 Baby murder trial jury told dad was angry at social services involvement
- 4 Aspiring photographer, 10, captures Ely's winter sunrise on camera
- 5 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 8 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
- 9 Baby murder trial told of midwife's concerns
- 10 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
Fen Tigers team manager, Robert Henry, said: “This was a very useful run out for the lads.
“It is important they keep getting track time especially with Friday at Lakeside being called off.
“I continue to be impressed with Danno, Luke and Sam who are scoring their points every meeting at home now.
“All of them seem to been enjoying their racing and improving week on week. The team spirit remains very strong and today again this was clear to see, they stick together and the atmosphere is very positive.”
The Fen Tigers host Belle Vue this Sunday.