SPEEDWAY: Mildenhall Fen Tigers announce teams for curtain-raising Fen Fours event
- Credit: Archant
The riders and managers for the Mildenhall Fen Tigers’ season-opening Fen Fours event have been announced.
Stefan Nielsen, Jon Armstrong, Ryan Kinsley and Sam Woods will ride in the Assured Services team on April 9, while Josh Bates, Danny Halsey, Chris Widman and Jordan Jenkins make up the Browns Builders team.
Current title holders - the Mighty Manchetts – will comprise of Ben Morley, Nathan Stoneman, Danno Verge and Taylor Hampshire, while Danny Ayres, Connor Mountain, Alfie Bowtell and Luke Riddick will ride in the D Palmer & Sons team.
Nigel Flatman, Tony Davey, Mark Loram and Robert Henry will manage the teams.
Promotor Kevin Jolly said: “I made a point of looking for four groups of riders that would ensure that each of our great sponsors would have a good team with a chance of taking the spoils.
You may also want to watch:
“I have to feel confident for the season ahead and can’t wait for the April 9 for us to get underway.”
The Fen Fours begins with a parade at 2.45pm, with the first race at 3pm.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation