Speedway is to stay put
SPEEDWAY is to remain at West Row next year despite promoter Mick Horton s statement last week that he could not see a future at the stadium. Confirmation of the good news came on Sunday after a lively and frank fans forum was held with stadium owner Car
SPEEDWAY is to remain at West Row next year despite promoter Mick Horton's statement last week that he could not see a future at the stadium.
Confirmation of the good news came on Sunday after a lively and frank fans' forum was held with stadium owner Carl Harris present after the Fen Tigers Premier League match against the Isle of Wight.
Horton had become "embarrassed and ashamed" at the West Row track conditions, as reported in the Ely Standard last week, and unhappy with the situation that saw speedway running alongside stock car meetings at the stadium.
Horton said: "I thought the forum was a fantastic success, everybody got a lot of things off their chest and the biggest thing to come out was that it was positive.
You may also want to watch:
"We all believe in the same thing, we all want Mildenhall to go forward and remain in the Premier League. There was a lot of good ideas that came out and I was very happy with the support for the club, myself and the riders.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'