Something to build on for Paul
A good solid performance at Brands Hatch over the weekend in the AVO Ginetta sports car championship, gave Littleport racer Paul Moden a good foundation to build on for the rest of the season. Qualifying saw 17-year-old Paul start well, putting his Rob Au
A good solid performance at Brands Hatch over the weekend in the AVO Ginetta sports car championship, gave Littleport racer Paul Moden a good foundation to build on for the rest of the season.
Qualifying saw 17-year-old Paul start well, putting his Rob Austin Racing car ninth and eighth on the grid for the two races.
After slipping down as far as 15th early on, Paul soon made amends to finish eighth.
Race two saw Paul make a better start but he got stuck behind another racer for a couple of laps, before finishing in 10th place.
Paul, of The Brambles, said: "I am reasonably happy with the weekend, at the start off the season our goal was a top 10 qualifying and a top 10 finish and we have achieved both, so our next goal is a top six. I think I could have got a better result in the first race I was only 100th of a second behind seventh when we crossed the line so a better exit from Clearways would have got me the place.
"These cars are so hard to drive fast but with Rob's guidance and tuition I am getting used to the quirks of the car. I'd like to thank Steve Taylor of Steve Taylor PCV sales, who sponsored me for this weekend's meeting."
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
The next two rounds are at Donnington Park on May 20 and 21.