Something to build on for Paul
A good solid performance at Brands Hatch over the weekend in the AVO Ginetta sports car championship, gave Littleport racer Paul Moden a good foundation to build on for the rest of the season. Qualifying saw 17-year-old Paul start well, putting his Rob Au
A good solid performance at Brands Hatch over the weekend in the AVO Ginetta sports car championship, gave Littleport racer Paul Moden a good foundation to build on for the rest of the season.
Qualifying saw 17-year-old Paul start well, putting his Rob Austin Racing car ninth and eighth on the grid for the two races.
After slipping down as far as 15th early on, Paul soon made amends to finish eighth.
Race two saw Paul make a better start but he got stuck behind another racer for a couple of laps, before finishing in 10th place.
You may also want to watch:
Paul, of The Brambles, said: "I am reasonably happy with the weekend, at the start off the season our goal was a top 10 qualifying and a top 10 finish and we have achieved both, so our next goal is a top six. I think I could have got a better result in the first race I was only 100th of a second behind seventh when we crossed the line so a better exit from Clearways would have got me the place.
"These cars are so hard to drive fast but with Rob's guidance and tuition I am getting used to the quirks of the car. I'd like to thank Steve Taylor of Steve Taylor PCV sales, who sponsored me for this weekend's meeting."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
The next two rounds are at Donnington Park on May 20 and 21.