Football: Soham Town Rangers seek more rewards
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town Rangers will look to begin 2019 the same way they ended 2018 – with a win over one of their Bostik North relegation rivals.
Romford are the visitors to Julius Martin Lane on Saturday, after Robbie Mason’s men saw off Dereham Town by a single goal last weekend.
Beaten 3-0 at home by Bury Town on Boxing Day, in front of a bumper 300 strong crowd, the Greens travelled to Aldiss Park for a real ‘six-pointer’ to face a Dereham side who had taken only two points from their last seven matches.
And after a goalless first half, they claimed the only goal of the day within a minute of the restart through Callum Russell’s second goal of the season.
Captain Joshua Pope, elder brother of Burnley and England goalkeeper Nick, preserved his clean sheet as Rangers secured a third win in six outings to climb to 17th in the table.
You may also want to watch:
And they will hope for more success against a struggling Romford side who had lost 10 of their last 11 league matches before hosting Grays Athletic on New Year’s Day, before facing high-flying Coggeshall Town a week later.
Assistant manager Erkan Okay said: “Seeing that performance and that togetherness makes me proud as anything.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
“Absolute joy to watch and could’ve won by more. Clean sheet and an away win. Keep the faith.”