Soham Town Rangers dealt another blow as first-team quartet leave to reunite with Robbie Nightingale at Cambridge City
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town Rangers have been dealt another blow after four of the Greens’ star performers left the club this morning (December 2).
Ryan Sharman, Jordan Gent, Salim Relizani and Ross Paterson have all departed Julius Martin Lane to join up with former boss Robbie Nightingale at his new club, Cambridge City.
Soham boss Dave Theobald is now faced with a major rebuilding job, as all four players were first-team stalwarts and contributed over 25 goals between them this term.
The Greens will especially miss Sharman, with the midfielder firing 16 goals in 24 games this season - the second highest tally in the Ryman League North Division.
Relizani has also enjoyed a solid season, with six goals and six assists, and Gent and Paterson have chipped in with five goals between them.
You may also want to watch:
The Greens will start life without the quartet tomorrow, with a trip to Romford (3pm).
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment