Soham Town Rangers Clock Up Fourth Successive Defeat
SOHAM Town Rangers suffered their fourth successive defeat in all competitions as they were beaten 1-0 by Bedworth on Saturday. New signing Billy Smith made his debut for the Greens after signing from Wisbech Town, but 22-year-old former March Town United
SOHAM Town Rangers suffered their fourth successive defeat in all competitions as they were beaten 1-0 by Bedworth on Saturday.
New signing Billy Smith made his debut for the Greens after signing from Wisbech Town, but 22-year-old former March Town United and Parson Drove striker was unable to make an impact as Rangers went down by the only goal.
In midweek they had travelled to Atherstone Town for a re-arranged fixture, but suffered their first away defeat of the campaign.
Andy Furnell replaced the unavailable Darren Jimson, and he came closest to scoring for Soham when placing a shot just wide in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Atherstone - who are amongst the front-runners at this early stage of the season - took the lead after 25 minutes when Barlone's cross was deflected past Lea Jordan by Soham defender Martin McNeil, who tried to slide the ball clear.
Then with six minutes remaining Greenaway - on as substitute for Barlone - prodded home at the near post to make it 2-0 after Jordan had parried a shot from Edwards.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
n Soham entertain Redbridge in the Preliminary Round of the FA Trophy on Saturday.
FA Youth Cup
Soham Town Rangers 2 Dereham Town 1
SOHAM must travel to Histon in the Second Qualifying Round of the competition after a 2-1 victory against Dereham.
Ryan Davies scored the only goal of the opening half, and Sam Riches doubled Soham's advantage before the visitors managed a consolation goal near the finish.