Soham Town Rangers Clock Up Fourth Successive Defeat
SOHAM Town Rangers suffered their fourth successive defeat in all competitions as they were beaten 1-0 by Bedworth on Saturday. New signing Billy Smith made his debut for the Greens after signing from Wisbech Town, but 22-year-old former March Town United
SOHAM Town Rangers suffered their fourth successive defeat in all competitions as they were beaten 1-0 by Bedworth on Saturday.
New signing Billy Smith made his debut for the Greens after signing from Wisbech Town, but 22-year-old former March Town United and Parson Drove striker was unable to make an impact as Rangers went down by the only goal.
In midweek they had travelled to Atherstone Town for a re-arranged fixture, but suffered their first away defeat of the campaign.
Andy Furnell replaced the unavailable Darren Jimson, and he came closest to scoring for Soham when placing a shot just wide in the second half.
Atherstone - who are amongst the front-runners at this early stage of the season - took the lead after 25 minutes when Barlone's cross was deflected past Lea Jordan by Soham defender Martin McNeil, who tried to slide the ball clear.
Then with six minutes remaining Greenaway - on as substitute for Barlone - prodded home at the near post to make it 2-0 after Jordan had parried a shot from Edwards.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
n Soham entertain Redbridge in the Preliminary Round of the FA Trophy on Saturday.
FA Youth Cup
Soham Town Rangers 2 Dereham Town 1
SOHAM must travel to Histon in the Second Qualifying Round of the competition after a 2-1 victory against Dereham.
Ryan Davies scored the only goal of the opening half, and Sam Riches doubled Soham's advantage before the visitors managed a consolation goal near the finish.