Soham Town Rangers 0 - 3 Bury Town - Fallon rues missed chances
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town manager Steve Fallon says his side needs to become more clinical in front of goal after their revival was ended by Bury.
The visitors goals came from Noel Aitkens, Joe Maybanks and Ollie Hughes.
Last night’s loss followed the Greens first win in 11 games on Saturday. Luke Stanley scored in a 1-0 win over Barkingside.
Fallon said: “We played better against Bury than Barkingside. Barkingside was an important win. We hung on in the last 10 minutes but had enough chances before that to make it a bit more comfortable for ourselves.
“In the first 35 minutes against Bury we were by far the better side. We should of had a penalty and missed good chances. Then there was a goalkeeping error and we lost our way for 10 minutes - another mistake meant we were two down.
You may also want to watch:
“We started the second half well but couldn’t take our chances. There was another goalkeeping error and at 3-0 we were dead and buried.”
Up next for Soham is a home FA Trophy game with Carlton Town on Saturday.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
Fallon said: “They are a northern team so we expect a lot of fight from them. We need to turn our good play in to goals. It’s vitally important you take your chances to give yourselves a chance.”