Soham spring a shock
ELY AND DISTRICT BOWLS LEAGUE Men s League THE shock result of the opening day of the season came at Soham, where the B team had a whitewash over Fordham. The A team enjoyed a narrow five-shot victory at City of Ely. The biggest win was Ely Beet B s 38-s
ELY AND DISTRICT BOWLS LEAGUE
THE shock result of the opening day of the season came at Soham, where the B team had a whitewash over Fordham.
The A team enjoyed a narrow five-shot victory at City of Ely.
You may also want to watch:
The biggest win was Ely Beet B's 38-shot margin at Haddenham, while the A team could only manage half a point in going down to champions Newmarket.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
STRETHAM were the best of the first performers, winning on both rinks at Chippenham, as last year's winners City of Ely were held to a draw by Soham A.
There were 4-1 away victories for Newmarket and Fordham.
Afternoon League Division 1
MITCHELL Lodge's defence of the trophy began with a defeat by Soham and there were losses for all three of the promoted sides - Newmarket A, Chippenham and Hiam.
Bottisham A, Haddneham A and Littleport B all won 5-1 at home and Burwell won by the same scoreline away.
Afternoon League Division 2
BOTH Fordham teams were relegated last year and started the 2007 campaign with mixed fortunes, B beating Bottisham B and A losing at Sutton.
Mildenhall finished well adrift in Division 1 last year, but came out on top against Cottenham in their first encounter in the second division.