Soham slip up, but remain in pole position
Men s League SOHAM A slipped to a 5-2 defeat at Chippenham but retain their number one spot. Fordham reduced the margin by taking 5.5 points from Ely Beet B, who dropped from third to sixth. Littleport are still in contention with a game in hand after bea
SOHAM A slipped to a 5-2 defeat at Chippenham but retain their number one spot. Fordham reduced the margin by taking 5.5 points from Ely Beet B, who dropped from third to sixth. Littleport are still in contention with a game in hand after beating Haddenham but they were pipped by Stretham despite winning on three rinks.
NO change in the order of the top three. Isleham drew, then saw off City of Ely to strengthen their hold. Second place Fordham did not play and Littleport lost out at Haddenham but recovered to beat Stretham. The luck of the draw has given all four semi-finalists home advantage. Mary Allen takes on Eileen Taylor at Newmarket and the other tie is between Soham's Pat Johnson and Carole Galley.
You may also want to watch:
Afternoon League Division One
LITTLEPORT B's lead was short lived when their defeat at Chippenham let Soham back on top from a 6-0 victory over Bottisham A. Littleport A earned one point from struggling Hiam but stay ahead of City of Ely, one shot winners at Haddenham.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
Afternoon League Division Two
FORDHAM B's domination was maintained though Isleham held them 47-49 and as the A team lost out to Mildenhall, Sutton bounced back into second place with a whitewash at Bottisham.