Soham Slip To Fourth Straight Defeat
SOHAM suffered their second defeat in as many days last night as they were soundly beaten 4-0 at Sutton Coldfield. The Greens struggled to pose a significant attacking threat through much of the match and were punished by two goals in either half as the R
SOHAM suffered their second defeat in as many days last night as they were soundly beaten 4-0 at Sutton Coldfield.
The Greens struggled to pose a significant attacking threat through much of the match and were punished by two goals in either half as the Royals consigned Ian Benjamin's side to their fourth straight defeat.
Soham were up against from early in the match as Nathan Moran opened the scoring for the home side after just 10 minutes. A bad start soon got worse as Michael Batchelor doubled the lead just five minutes later.
Seemingly shell-shocked by the early salvo, the Greens seldom ventured into the opposition half but did manage to muster a couple of decent efforts towards the back end of the opening 45, a Paul Jones strike in particular was well saved by Chris Gemmell.
You may also want to watch:
The second half brought much of the same troubles for Soham as the home team sought to kill the game. To their credit though, Soham, and in particular Kentoh Gray, held firm and toiled at length to keep Sutton at bay.
Eventually however, pressure from the home team was brought to bear and Craig Owen netted on 77 minutes to seal the points. In the dying minutes Aaron Farrell slotted home to complete the scoring and compound a night to forget for the Greens.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Soham's next game is at Leighton Town this coming Saturday