Soham Slip To Fourth Straight Defeat
SOHAM suffered their second defeat in as many days last night as they were soundly beaten 4-0 at Sutton Coldfield. The Greens struggled to pose a significant attacking threat through much of the match and were punished by two goals in either half as the R
SOHAM suffered their second defeat in as many days last night as they were soundly beaten 4-0 at Sutton Coldfield.
The Greens struggled to pose a significant attacking threat through much of the match and were punished by two goals in either half as the Royals consigned Ian Benjamin's side to their fourth straight defeat.
Soham were up against from early in the match as Nathan Moran opened the scoring for the home side after just 10 minutes. A bad start soon got worse as Michael Batchelor doubled the lead just five minutes later.
Seemingly shell-shocked by the early salvo, the Greens seldom ventured into the opposition half but did manage to muster a couple of decent efforts towards the back end of the opening 45, a Paul Jones strike in particular was well saved by Chris Gemmell.
The second half brought much of the same troubles for Soham as the home team sought to kill the game. To their credit though, Soham, and in particular Kentoh Gray, held firm and toiled at length to keep Sutton at bay.
Eventually however, pressure from the home team was brought to bear and Craig Owen netted on 77 minutes to seal the points. In the dying minutes Aaron Farrell slotted home to complete the scoring and compound a night to forget for the Greens.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 3 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 4 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 8 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 10 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
Soham's next game is at Leighton Town this coming Saturday