SOHAM'S SECOND HOME WIN AND ANOTHER CLEAN SHEET
BGB SOUTHERN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE – MIDLANDS Soham Town Rangers 2 Barton Rovers 0 STOUT defending and a slice of luck secured Soham Town Rangers a 2-0 win at home to Barton Rovers. Goals from Paul Jones and Billy Smith bagged all three points for Ian
BGB SOUTHERN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE - MIDLANDS
Soham Town Rangers 2 Barton Rovers 0
STOUT defending and a slice of luck secured Soham Town Rangers a 2-0 win at home to Barton Rovers.
Goals from Paul Jones and Billy Smith bagged all three points for Ian Benjamin's side who move into 10th place with the win.
You may also want to watch:
A delighted Benjamin said, "Games like this are must win and when we have been playing the teams around us we have done well.
"We had a slice of luck today and our keeper has had yet another good performance, but all in all I think we put in a good solid effort and Im happy with the win, and especially with Billy Smith who has come on leaps and bounds this season."
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
In what was a tighter game than the score line suggests, Soham rode their luck at times with their defence being tested on several occasions. Unbeaten for the second game in a row however, Rangers were able to push forward as Barton couldn't find a way through at the other end.
Jones opened the scoring for the home side five minutes shy of half time with his six goal of the season. Soham though, were unable to push on after the opener and had to wait until the 90th minute when Smith popped up to poke home and secure the points. Rangers' next game is at home to Chesham on Saturday.