Soham's Perfect Ten Sets Up Crunch Derby
A RESOUNDING 10-0 success for Soham U18s against Outwell has set up a Cup derby with Ely City. Rangers turned on the style to brush aside Peterborough side Outwell Swifts and were ahead after just six minutes courtesy of Sam Riches 20 yard drive. Soha
A RESOUNDING 10-0 success for Soham U18s against Outwell has set up a Cup derby with Ely City.
Rangers turned on the style to brush aside Peterborough side Outwell Swifts and were ahead after just six minutes courtesy of Sam Riches' 20 yard drive.
Soham enjoyed much of the play in the first half and the 'Greens' went two up when Aaron Carmen slotted home from close range following a slick passing move.
When Riches was tripped by the Swifts 'keeper, Jordan Alexander made it 3-0 from the resulting penalty. Gareth Suttle added a fourth just before the break to put Rangers firmly in the driving seat.
You may also want to watch:
Soham picked up where they left off in the second half and set about laying siege to the visitors goal. Outwell's 'keeper made a string of fine saves though, the most notable of those being a one-on-one duel with Gareth Suttle.
Aaron Carmen made it 5-0 on 50 minutes before Alexander's stunning 20 yard volley added number six. Carmen completed his hat trick touching in Wingfield's cross for 7-0 before Dan Sterna hit a hat trick in the last 15 minutes to complete the rout.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
The victory means Soham face fierce rivals Ely in the next round with a place in the latter stages of the competition at stake.
Rangers: Allen, Cook, Norton, Lightfoot, Davies, Sterna Fuller (Burr) Riches ( Smart) Carmen, Alexander, (Wingfield) Suttle Subs: Kneeshaw & Clark