Soham first team manager Steve Fallon has resigned
- Credit: Archant
Steve Fallon, the first team manager of Soham Town Rangers FC, has resigned.
A statement issued by the club says that he decided to step down “following a difficult start to the season” and due to “personal reasons.”
Mr Fallon had spent three and a half years in the hot seat.
His coaching staff Ian Hart and Wayne Goddard have also decided to stand down.
Steve, along with assistant Ian, arrived at Soham FC in March 2012, following the departure of previous management team Andy Furnell and Andy Coleman.
You may also want to watch:
The club said of the departure: “Soham Town Rangers FC will always be grateful to Steve, Ian and Wayne for their hard work during their management reign at the club and wish them well for the future.
“Hopefully Steve will stay involved with the club for the time being and help the new management team settle in to their new roles.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Senior players Robbie Nightingale and Dave Theobald have now taken over the position.
During his time at Soham FC, Steve Fallon recorded the club’s best ever league finish when the club just missed out on the Ryman League Play-Offs.
He also helped Soham to reach three Cambs Invitation Cup finals, winning the trophy in 2014, with Steve also being named Ryman League Manager of the Month three times during that season.
The club statement added: “Robbie and Dave are looking forward to the challenge of turning round the clubs fortunes this season, starting at Brightlingsea Regent on Saturday.”