Soham Breeze Past Fenstanton
SOHAM S relentless march to the title continued to progress unabated at the weekend with a solid 67 run win over Fenstanton. Peter Fretwell s rejuvenated team have proved an irresistible force this season and have now stretched their unbeaten run to seven
SOHAM'S relentless march to the title continued to progress unabated at the weekend with a solid 67 run win over Fenstanton.
Peter Fretwell's rejuvenated team have proved an irresistible force this season and have now stretched their unbeaten run to seven successive games since the start of the season, leaving a host of big names in their wake.
Opting to bat first on what was a challenging and unpredictable wicket, Soham played with a great deal of promise but were largely unable to put together a single large score or partenrship. Instead, their innings was held together by countless cameo performances that eventually saw the score creep its way to 161 all out, the first time Soham have been bowled out this season.
Mick Harvey's knock of 40 was the highlight of a decent enough innings from the home side with countless other players registering in the teens before being dismissed. The ever reliable Nick Mingay, meanwhile, suffered his first setback of the season, collecting just six runs before he was sent back to the hutch.
You may also want to watch:
Fenstanton started with some promise in reply, their top order getting close to half of the required runs, before the wickets began to tumble.
Though David Lunn led the way for Soham with 2-11 from his six over spell, excellent performances from Mick Harvey (2-27) and Tom Clayton (2-21) ensured Soham continued to take regular wickets and stunted the Fenstanton scoring with crippling effect.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
Clayton wrapped up the innings with the wicket of A White for a duck, early in the 33rd over.