So proud of team spirit ... and fans
ELY City captain Lee Pacey, writes for the Ely Standard.
WHAT a season! Everyone at the club can be extremely proud of themselves for what we have achieved this season.
Other teams may say that we have finished in a false position in the league but obviously over the period of a season we have been the second best team in the league, and, as Alan has always said, ‘league tables don’t lie’.
Although we may not be the best footballing side in the league, we have what most teams don’t and that is a great team spirit. The lads have been an absolute credit to themselves, the club and the fans.
But this seasons success isn’t just down to the players, everyone behind the scenes can give themselves a massive pat on the back for the part they have played, as without these unsung heroes we wouldn’t have a club. Over many years the same people have been at Ely giving their time working tirelessly, without any recognition. So to everyone, you know who you are, thank you.
You may also want to watch:
Also deserving a mention are our fantastic and loyal Ely city fans, you guys are like a 12th man to us home and away, so it is nice for us lads to give you all something back, so I hope winning the Cambs Invitation Cup and finishing runners up in the league is payback for a couple of underachieving seasons.
And finally Alan and Dean have given Ely a new lease of life, they have put together a group of very good players on a tiny budget. We players love playing for them, they are a great team who have been the main driving force behind our success this season. They have instilled an enormous amount of belief in the team, and we have achieved exactly what they told us we could achieve.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
So well done to little Ely City FC, next season league champions?