Jason Teckoe won Ely Tennis Club s first tournament of the season, winning 27 games out of a possible 36. Ian Moffat was runner-up with 25 games. Honor Porter was third overall and the top-scoring lady, with 24 games. She was closely followed by Mary Finn
Jason Teckoe won Ely Tennis Club's first tournament of the season, winning 27 games out of a possible 36.
Ian Moffat was runner-up with 25 games.
Honor Porter was third overall and the top-scoring lady, with 24 games. She was closely followed by Mary Finney with 23 games.
Fifteen members took part in the tournament in perfect conditions on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Ely Tennis Club's new chairman Sue Didlick said: "We had a good turnout for our start of season tournament. This was a great start to what promises to be a good year for tennis at Ely."
Players interested in joining Ely Tennis Club are invited to turn up at club sessions on Tuesdays from 6.30pm and Sundays, 10am-noon.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
The club plays at three all-weather floodlit courts at the Ely Outdoor Sports Association on Downham Road.