Slideshow: Psychological Blow For Ely City
RIDGEONS LEAGUE DIVISION ONE Ely City 0 Halstead Town 1 HALSTEAD struck the first psychological blow in advance of their forthcoming Knock Out Cup final clash with Ely by completing a league double over them. Ely were unable to win the title anyway follo
RIDGEONS LEAGUE DIVISION ONE
Ely City 0 Halstead Town 1
HALSTEAD struck the first psychological blow in advance of their forthcoming Knock Out Cup final clash with Ely by completing a league double over them.
Ely were unable to win the title anyway following Tiptree United's 4-0 defeat of Thetford Town, but they still have a little work to do before clinching promotion.
You may also want to watch:
"I was very disappointed," said Robins boss Dennis Lightning after Saturday's setback.
"It was a must-win game for them (Halstead), but we didn't turn up really."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
The only goal of the game came in the opening half, and Lightning put it down to what he described as "sloppy defending."
As for the Knock Out Cup final, Lightning considers that Ely will now enter the tie against Halstead as underdogs.
"A win for us would have put some doubt in their minds," he said, "but they have now beaten us twice and must start as favourites.