Skaters reach regional finals
FOLLOWING their success in the National Cup qualifiers, Ely under-11s have now qualified for the Eastern Counties Finals. Ely, pictured, competed in a round robin tournament at Burwell in which the top two teams would meet in the final at Peterborough in
FOLLOWING their success in the National Cup qualifiers, Ely under-11s have now qualified for the Eastern Counties Finals.
Ely, pictured, competed in a round robin tournament at Burwell in which the top two teams would meet in the final at Peterborough in June.
Ely beat Cottenham and an Eastern Counties team to gain four points, but were defeated by King's Lynn who they will face in the final.
King's Lynn won all of their matches to top the table with six points.
Ely under-11s were in action this weekend at King's Lynn in the league. Ely made hard work of their first match, against Herne Bay United B, but won 6-4 with Aiden Cooper and Hattie Ford (3) scoring in the first half and Nicola Hart scoring twice in the second.
Ely then moved into an early lead against Cambridge and, despite fielding some of the more inexperienced players, won 6-2, with goals from Ford (2), Cooper (2), Hart and Parfitt.
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 4 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 5 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 8 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 9 Army assault course brought back to former glory at Waterbeach Barracks
- 10 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
In their final game, Ely struggled against fellow finalists King's Lynn and Ford was their only scorer in a 7-1 defeat.
Ely's player of the day was Cooper.