Simpson’s spot kick seals narrow victory
RIDGEONS LEAGUE, PREMIER DIVISION Mildenhall Town 1 Norwich United 0 GARETH Simpson s penalty sealed a win that sent Mildenhall four points clear at the top of the table. Mildenhall dominated from the start and their first opportunity fell to Dan Heron,
RIDGEONS LEAGUE, PREMIER DIVISION
Mildenhall Town 1
Norwich United 0
GARETH Simpson's penalty sealed a win that sent Mildenhall four points clear at the top of the table.
You may also want to watch:
Mildenhall dominated from the start and their first opportunity fell to Dan Heron, but his delicate lob landed on the roof of the net. Shortly after, Norwich broke and forced a smart save from Ben Nower.
Matty Clements had a golden opportunity to give Mildenhall the lead after 30 minutes, but he mis-cued his shot, with the goal at his mercy.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
The home side took the lead a minute later when new signing Coren Hardy was brought down and Simpson calmly scored from the spot.
Immediately after the goal centre-half Graham Rush had to leave the field with injury and was replaced by Niall Inman.
The home side suffered further injury troubles at the start of the second half when Louie Farrington was unable to shake off a knock and was replaced by John Noslin.
The remainder of the match was scrappy, with the visitors defending in numbers and hoping for a lucky break but the home side remained solid at the back and the result never looked in any serious doubt.