Simon Leek sails to double victory at Ely Sailing Club
- Credit: Archant
Simon Leek won both the first and second handicap races on a successful day at Ely Sailing Club.
The first Handicap race was won by Simon Leeks in his Solo but the Topper helms of Kirk Stamford and Ted Pepper maintained their finishing places of second and third.
There were too many boats over the start line at the start of the Second Handicap race that the race officer called for a restart and even on the second attempt three boats were early and had to return to the start. Simon Leeks again won the race closely pursued by Jack Knight in a borrowed Solo. Chandler Stamford came third in his Laser.
In the Pursuit race, Ted Pepper took advantage of a club-run training session on roll tacking and secured victory. Pepper capitalised on the light variable wind and managed to lead the fleet from start to finish.
Results :- Pursuit Race. (10 Starters) 1. Ted Pepper. 2. Simon Leeks. 3. Chandler Stamford. 4. Kevin Bilham (Solo).
You may also want to watch:
First handicap Race. 1. Simon Leeks. 2. Kirk Stamford. 3. Ted Pepper. 4. Kevin Bilham.
Second Handicap Race. 1. Simon Leeks. 2. Jack Knight. 3. Chandler Stamford. 4. Kevin Bilham.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody