Simon keeps his hold on trophy
SIMON Leeks won Ely Sailing Club s Camweld Trophy for the second successive year on Sunday. Four Handicap races were sailed on Roswell Waters, with 16 competitors counting their best three results. The higher handicapped boats were not able to retain the
SIMON Leeks won Ely Sailing Club's Camweld Trophy for the second successive year on Sunday.
Four Handicap races were sailed on Roswell Waters, with 16 competitors counting their best three results.
The higher handicapped boats were not able to retain their line honours and lost out to the Solo sailors, with Hannah Christan, in her Laser, and John and Molly Wells in an Enterprise, casualties of the handicap. The light north easterly breeze meant parts of the water were in a wind shadow, but the situation improved as the day progressed.
Results: Race one: 1. Niall Pearcey (Solo) 2. Alex Tory (Solo) 3. Hannah Christan (Laser) 4. Eric Christan (Comet)
You may also want to watch:
Race two: 1. Simon Leeks (Solo) 2. Alex Tory. 3. Hannah Christan. 4. Gary Ungless (Solo)
Race Three: 1. Alex Tory. 2. Simon Leeks. 3. Niall Pearcey. 4. Eric Christan
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Race Four: 1. Simon Leeks. 2. John and Molly Wells. 3. Gary Ungless. 4. Eric Christan.
Overall Result: 1st. Simon Leeks, four points. 2nd. Alex Tory, five points. 3rd. Niall Pearcey, nine points. 4th Hannah Christan, 12 points. 5th Gary Ungless, 12 points. 6th Eric Christan, 12 points.
# On Saturday (May 5) and next Thursday (May 10), Ely Sailing Club will hold its open afternoon and evening respectively. Anyone who wishes to try the art of dinghy sailing is welcome. Bring soft shoes and a change of clothing.
INFO: Tel: 01353 662661.