Shocked’ Moore quits at chairman’s request
TERRY Moore has resigned as director of Ely Rugby Club – on the request of his chairman David Ballard. The request follows Ely first team s dreadful start to the season, with not one point in seven Eastern Counties Division One matches. Ely lost a recent
TERRY Moore has resigned as director of Ely Rugby Club - on the request of his chairman David Ballard. The request follows Ely first team's dreadful start to the season, with not one point in seven Eastern Counties Division One matches.
Ely lost a recent match 106-0 to league leaders Wymondham, a performance Moore described as the "worst he had seen at the club."
In his resignation letter, Moore explained that he was "shocked" by his chairman's request but felt he should resign immediately.Moore wished the club the best of luck for the future.
Ely lost 22-7 at mid-table Thurston on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
A scrappy match saw Thurston go 3-0 up at half-time.
The hosts had a player yellow carded but Ely failed to make the extra man count and sloppy tackling allowed Thurston to go on to a 22-0 lead.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Neil Murton scored a consolation try which Kieran Kennett converted.