Shocked’ Moore quits at chairman’s request
TERRY Moore has resigned as director of Ely Rugby Club – on the request of his chairman David Ballard. The request follows Ely first team s dreadful start to the season, with not one point in seven Eastern Counties Division One matches. Ely lost a recent
TERRY Moore has resigned as director of Ely Rugby Club - on the request of his chairman David Ballard. The request follows Ely first team's dreadful start to the season, with not one point in seven Eastern Counties Division One matches.
Ely lost a recent match 106-0 to league leaders Wymondham, a performance Moore described as the "worst he had seen at the club."
In his resignation letter, Moore explained that he was "shocked" by his chairman's request but felt he should resign immediately.Moore wished the club the best of luck for the future.
Ely lost 22-7 at mid-table Thurston on Saturday.
A scrappy match saw Thurston go 3-0 up at half-time.
The hosts had a player yellow carded but Ely failed to make the extra man count and sloppy tackling allowed Thurston to go on to a 22-0 lead.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Ely Road closed as pedestrian hit in Littleport
- 4 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 8 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
Neil Murton scored a consolation try which Kieran Kennett converted.