Shel-shocked Tigers beaten
Ely II 7 Shelford III 27 IT WAS a wet, miserable February day for the Tigers second team, who lost this season s fourth meeting with Shelford on Saturday. Ely could only field 14 players and no front row, and an end-to-end first half finished with the vi
Ely II 7 Shelford III 27
IT WAS a wet, miserable February day for the Tigers' second team, who lost this season's fourth meeting with Shelford on Saturday.
Ely could only field 14 players and no front row, and an end-to-end first half finished with the visitors 15-0 up.
The Tigers put Shelford under intense pressure in the second half, but a misplaced pass allowed them to score a soft try.
You may also want to watch:
After conceding again, the Tigers' effort was rewarded with a Jules Thorne try. Matt Daybell converted to give the score a more respectable look, and if hadn't been for the outstanding Ely full-back Luke Cornwall, Shelford would have been further ahead.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound