Seven up lift for Wicken

DIVISION 4B Wicken Amateurs were in dominant form on Saturday, winning 7-1 at the expense of Exning Athletic. Ed Richardson converted a Jamie Palmer pass for the opener, and soon afterwards crossed for Nathan Sheriff to score number two. Sheriff then made


Wicken Amateurs were in dominant form on Saturday, winning 7-1 at the expense of Exning Athletic.

Ed Richardson converted a Jamie Palmer pass for the opener, and soon afterwards crossed for Nathan Sheriff to score number two.

Sheriff then made the interval score 3-0 after Palmer's shot had been parried by the goalkeeper, and Palmer fired in Wicken's fourth goal at the far post after Ed Richardson had fired across the six-yard box.

Exning managed to pull one back, but Palmer cracked in a 25-yarder from Sam Richardson's pass and Josh Woodroffe made it 6-1 after good work by James Petersen.

With four minutes remaining, Ed Richardson rounded the goalkeeper and squared for Jamie Beeton to side-foot goal number seven.

Most Read

Richard Lupson scored a spectacular goal for Littleport Town A, but his side eventually lost 4-2 to leaders Hemingfords United A.

Burwell Swifts meanwhile were in winning action at The Vine Reserves after scoring twice in the first 10 minutes.

Jake Drake nodded in Lol Maskell's corner for the opener, and Scott White's flicked header finished off a Maskell free-kick soon afterwards.

Justin Challis pulled one back for the hosts, but White finished well to make it 3-1 after good interplay from Alex Maskell and Carl Saxby.

Substitute Dave Fordham scored Burwell's fourth goal with a speculative long range effort which embarrassed the goalkeeper.


Short-handed Littleport Town did well to take a point from reigning champions Great Shelford.

Jason Walker impressed on his first-team debut, and there were good displays too from Kevin Hills and Alan White during the 2-2 draw.

Will Ludbrooke had put the visitors in front after collecting a mis-hit back pass, and he then set up Chris Lupson who finished well to make it 2-0.

Shelford pulled one back on the stroke of half-time however, and finally broke through again in the 88th minute to snatch a point.

Fordham meanwhile finished with nine-men in their 2-1 defeat at Histon A.

Daniel Alecock received his marching orders for retaliation as Fordham trailed 1-0, but Andrew Short got the visitors back on terms.

They then lost Wayne Bell with a knee injury however, and Histon managed a scrappy late winner to take the points.


Soham Town Rangers Reserves made it seven league wins in a row as they overcame Hemingfords United 4-1.

Scott Fretwell's brace put them 2-0 ahead at the break, and Robert Frankson added a third before the visitors replied.

Fretwell then wrapped things up by completing his hat-trick towards the finish.


Soham United's confidence is sky-high after a third successive victory, this time at the expense of tough-tackling Huntingdon United RGE.

Huntingdon - who beat Soham earlier in the season - led 2-0 at one stage, but Dan Simmons pulled one back from Steve Dalby's cross on the stroke of half-time.

When Dalby's cross hit a defender's hand at the start of the second period Mark Allen found the net, but the referee decided to award a penalty instead.

Jason Parker converted easily to make it 2-2 however, and substitute Ally Mohammed then fired in a sensational 35-yarder for the winner.

Haddenham Rovers slipped deeper into the relegation mire after going down 3-1 at West Row Gunners.


Ely City A went down by the odd goal in seven at home to 100% leaders March Town United Reserves.

Robert Smart, Tom Hoppitt and Lawrie Carter kept City in contention, but they never led at any time and it was 4-3 at the final whistle.


Sutton United were without marksman Matthew Keys for the trip to Needingworth United Reserves, but still came through 3-1.

The hosts went in front after the interval, but a Russell Mansfield double turned the tables in Sutton's favour and Wayne Newman then wrapped things up.

The Vine beat Stretham Hotspurs by the same scoreline, with goals from Stuart Barbour, Grant Spencer and Mark Higginbottom deciding a very competitive affair.

Rob Parker scored his first goal for Pymoor FC as his side came from behind to beat bottom club Lode.

Ed Hale and Aaron Povey both scored twice, and other goals went to Simon Law and Jason Cridford in an emphatic 7-1 success.

Witchford '96 crashed 7-0 at Wisbech St Mary Reserves, and Isleham United performed with credit but lost 2-0 to leaders Hemingfords United Reserves.


Gareth Draper scored twice for Little Downham Swifts in a 4-2 victory over Huntingdon United RGE Reserves, but the other local teams in this section did not fare so well.

Fordham Reserves gave unbeaten leaders March Rangers a run for their money, but still went down 5-3 despite goals from Clive Boucheron (2) and Mark Hacking.

Mepal Sports suffered only their second league defeat of the campaign as they crashed 2-1 at Newmarket Town A, and there were home defeats for Ely Crusaders, Soham United Reserves and Haddenham Rovers Reserves.

Crusaders lost 5-2 to St Ives Town A, Soham were beaten 3-0 by Wisbech St Mary A, and Haddenham were humbled 4-0 by Brampton Reserves.


Little Downham Swifts Reserves upset the form book as they won 5-4 at Tydd United.

Goalkeeper Dave Lowe produced another great performance, whilst at the other end Paul Bone (4) and Harry Pavey did the damage.

Tom Thatcher was on target for Burwell Swifts Reserves at home to Estover Park, but the visitors ran out 3-1 winners.


Ely Park Rangers are through to the Fourth Round of the VB Trophies League Cup after coming from behind to beat Senior Division rivals Bar Hill.

Dave Cornwell and Jamie Linney - with a free-kick - twice brought Rangers back on terms, and Cornwell then snatched a last-gasp 3-2 winner.

Triple-S surprisingly lost 2-1 at Girton Eagles, but Wilburton Albion progressed 6-2 at the expense of Drayton Lions thanks to a Will Ludbrooke hat-trick.

Fox Burwell failed to muster a team for the trip to Magpies 2001, whilst in the league Little Downham United were crushed 13-1 in the Division 4A fixture at Studlands Park.