Search for first win goes on for Fallon
Brentwood Town 2 Soham Town Rangers 1
STEVE Fallon is still searching for his first win at the Soham helm after his side slipped to a narrow loss at Brentwood.
The Greens paid for a lack of concentration in the opening stages of both halves, while, at the other end, an own goal was scant consolation for their efforts.
The loss sees the Greens remain seven points above the Ryman League Division One North relegation zone with five games remaining.
You may also want to watch:
Following their unfortunate 2-1 reverse against Romford last weekend, Fallon made a number of changes to his side, with Paul Jones and Matt Robinson called into the starting line-up.
The home side needed less than five minutes to move into the lead as the visitors struggled to organise early on, captain Darren Blewitt nodding home a corner.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 9 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
After weathering the early storm, the Greens grew into the game but largely failed to exert pressure on home goal until the dying minutes of the half, when Dubi Ogbonna’s speculative cross was haplessly guided into his own net by Ted Llywellyn.
Soham’s parity didn’t last long however, as the home side had moved back into the lead less than two minutes after the restart, Steve Butterworth finishing superbly after being played through from midfield.
Michael Simpson had a chance to level it late on, but could only direct his header into the arms of the grateful goalkeeper.